who are we?
At Farmdale we are an independent un-denominational body of believers in Jesus Christ.
We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He came to the earth as a man, was born of a virgin, was without sin, and showed us the way to heaven by dying on the cross of Calvary for our sins and defeating death by His resurrection
We teach salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
To respond in faith to God's grace His Word tell us to: BELIEVE in Jesus as God's Son as revealed in His Word, REPENT and turn from our sins and turn to God's way, CONFESS publicly our faith in Jesus Christ, and be IMMERSED in water for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit, and LIVE FAITHFUL according to the Word of God.
We are led by our elders who work closely with our preacher, and are assisted by our deacons and other workers. We work together, as a church body, to tell our community and the world about Jesus, the Son of God, so that others can also follow and serve him. We are committed to accomplishing this by giving time and resources to care for and minister to others.
OUr Brief History
The congregation at Farmdale was organized on September 8, 1957. Those interested met in the Barboursville High School Auditorium at 2:00 pm. Clinton Looney preached the first sermon.
The first worship service was on September 15, 1957 in the I. O. O. F. building at 835 1/2 Lee Street in Barboursville. The first full time minister was Charles Saunders.
On March 16, 1958, we agreed to purchase four lots on Farmdale Road in Barboursville. A dedication service was held on May 17, 1959. The parsonage was dedicated in June of 1961.
In 1969 upon the realization of the need for more room an additional parking lot was purchased and construction began on the new sanctuary. The first service in the new sanctuary was held on June 14, 1970.
Soon after, the parking lot was paved and a new education building was completed in October of 1977 along with a four room addition to the parsonage.
In 1997, once again, the congregation realized the need for additional space, and built an addition to the church. This new addition contained a new kitchen, minister's study, nursery, and a youth room upstairs.
God has remained faithful to us and has blessed us through the years! It is our highest priority to remain faithful to him!